Ladies, do you want to have more intimacy in your marriage?
With men, respect and intimacy go hand in hand. Men crave respect more than any other thing—and if they don’t get it—intimacy dies a slow and agonizing death.
Ladies, our husbands have a deep—I mean core level deep—craving. No, it is not sex, although that need is right up there too. The need I am talking about is this: Your husband desires respect from you. That’s it—plain and not-so-simple (because nothing in a relationship is simple). This ‘need’ comes pre-packaged with a type of ‘respect-o-meter.’ And that meter is in every single red-blooded-male.
You can think of it as a super power, because men have a super powerfully uncanny ability to detect respect and more importantly (and bad for me), the lack of it. And let me tell you, if his respect-o-meter is not moving above zero, it is def-con 4 because that thing will crash and burn, along with any form of intimacy between you two.
The good news is that that meter can turn back on and heat back up, and intimacy can be resurrected—if you follow all or even a few of these following ten steps.
Are you ready? Here we go.
1. Find one thing that your husband is really good at and compliment him on it.
2. Compliment his strong muscles and tell him that you feel safe with him.
3. If you have children, go around the dinner table and have everyone share one thing that they love about your husband.
4. In front of your hubby, tell his parents how lucky you are that you nabbed their son before anyone else got their hooks into him. Then wink at him and squeeze him.
5. Ask him how you can pray for him, and then pray for him everyday
6. Catch any disrespectful thoughts or words before they are presented, and get rid of them—“tear them out.” Then counter with a respectful thought and a respectful word.
7. Thank him for holding down a good job and providing for the family (Even if you are a big contributor).
8. Respect him in the bedroom by being an engaged and creative lover.
9. Brag about him to your friends and his friends. The word will get back to him, and that is a good thing for you!
10. Keep the respect flowing everyday—make him feel like he is the king of your home.
a) Mondays: Tell him he is handsome.
b) Tuesdays: Thank him for being such a good leader for your family.
c) Wednesdays: Thank him for being such a fun and caring father.
d) Thursdays: Make his favorite meal to show him you are thinking of him.
e) Fridays: Compliment him in front of your kids
f) Saturday: Outright flirt with him.
g) Sundays: Pray for him in front of your kids.
So there you have it. Enjoy!
Prayer: Father, bless my sisters as they build their husbands up with the respect they so crave and need. Bless their marriage with new life, stronger bonds, and so much intimacy that it can hardly contain it. Thank you Father for the gift of marriage, and help us all to appreciate that gift and make it better then ever! In Jesus name. Amen